- Date:December 16, 2015
- Categorie:Data enabled design
Project This semester I followed the project data enabled design for vitality, I choose this project because I am really interested in finding design opportunities and in this project I could learn how to do that in a different way than I did with my previous projects. Competency area: Technology and Realisation Project In this project I did a lot of prototyping, I really liked this because I could use the rapid prototyping skills of the assignment I followed in B1.2. We made some rapid prototypes of bottles for the data we analysed from philips. And after this we needed to do our own research and make prototypes for this. I learned that with a rapid prototype I can bring across my concept more clearly. When the project progressed I made some more prototypes with my teammates, my tasks was mostly the design. With the first prototype we made, which was a yellow house which could collect data, I learned how to spray paint your prototype the a decent way. The spray painted layer was not perfect, because we did not sanded the wood enough and the paint would not stick to the sides of the house. Our final concept, the photo frame, I made the frame and the website of the prototype together with manon. I could use my html knowledge to make the website. And I also learned something new, because for me showcase from B1.2 I used a pre-programmed slideshow from bootstrap and now I know how to make one on my own. Pommeron Before the christmas break I started working at pomeron, where I will design the interface of their site together with some other people. For this I also did a lot of prototyping in photoshop, illustrator and axure. In photoshop and illustrator I learned it is the best to make the design, but it is also very useful to have an interactive model to show how the interface really works, for this I learned how to use axure. This is a programme in which I can give actions to certain objects I have placed in my design. Competency area: User and Society In this project we began with collecting data to find design opportunities. After we gathered the data from one week and analysed it we went back to the user to do an interview. This gave me new insights of approaching a user test. The preparations were very different and I liked the freedom of conversation the data gave, because we did not have to limit ourselves to questions we made up in advance. The second Interview I did on my own, this really showed me the difference between the first interview where we collected data first and a interview where you make up the questions yourself. I noticed that the answers were only to the question and it was difficult to let the user think about other things than just the questions they were asked. Competency area: Data and Computing We had to analyse two sets of data, the data which philips gave us and our own measured data. I learned that if I analyse data I will need to look at points in the data which stand out and make assumptions. But I also learned that the interview with the people where you gathered the data is also important, because otherwise I will only have assumptions and when I interview them this will become a very interesting conversation where the user is thinking with me.